Judges will assess both the feasibility and potential of the idea as well as the quality of the business plan. The judges will look for evidence of a realistic assessment of the market and financial projections. The judging criteria will be based upon an assessment of the following areas:
- Market and competitors analysis
- The project development plan
- The financial plan
- Risks and proposed mitigating factors
- Management of intellectual property
- Promotion of UK-China business links
Assessments will take place throughout the challenge. Judges will assess both written elements and a presentation.
The judging panel will contain a mixture of academics, investors and entrepreneurs combining real-world experience of developing new businesses with an understanding of the issues posed by international markets. Details of the judges will be posted here in due course.